Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

List of possible report related URL parameters?

keptom00

Hello,

can somebody point me to a documentation, where are lited all possible report related URL parameters?

I mean parameters like:

• output=pdf
  • j_username=xyz
  • j_password=abc

What else could be passed via URL?

• dataSource?
  • encoding?
  • output file name?
  • format?  (like pdf, rtf, xls, xlsx, ...)
  • locale? (like de_DE, en_EN, ...)
  • Encoding? (SO-8859-15, UTF-8, Windows-1252, ....)

This would help me a lot.

Kind regards,

Tomas

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parameters that can be used with any URL (not just reports):

• userlocale - locale of the user, for example, http://localhost:8080/jasperserver/login.html?userLocale=en_US
  • j_username
  • j_password
  • theme
  • decorate - decorate=no removes page headers, footers, and borders just for the one call
  • sessionDecorator - sessionDecorator=no removes page headers, footers, borders for the session
  • _opt - turns optimization off for this call, for example,w hen you are modifying a javascript page and want to debug. Not really a production option.

Parameters that work only with reports:

• output - specifies output format - pdf, xls, xlsNoPag, xlsx, xlsxNoPag, rtf, csv, swf
  • reportLocale - locale to use for executing the report.
  • pageIndex - specifies the initial page that sould be displayed when launching the report (so if you want to open it on page 2)
  • anchor - specifies the name of an anchor - I'm not sure what these are, but I'm guessing you can make them with JSS.

Thank you for a reply.

Is there an option how to send a dataSource? I have a report saved in JS Server, without link to dataSource. That's because of DEV and LIVE database. But so far I don't know how to pass it. Option is to have stored each file twice in JSS, one for DEV database and other one for LIVE.

The most important parameters for JR hyperlink are Hyperlink Type, Hyperlink Target, and for hyperlink of type ReportExecution, the hyperlink parameter called “_report”,

Please refer to Jaspersoft Studio User Guide, section "Anchors, Bookmarks, and Hyperlinks" for detail.