We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Saving Report Parameters for future executions?

lori.stopka

We just installed the community edition and we have developed a few basic reports with input controls.   Our customers are asking if they can save their preferred input control settings so they don't have to keep entering them every time they want to run the report.  The Save button is disabled in the repository.  I reviewed the "Editions" page and found a reference to Save Interactive Viewing Changes Available in the PRO Edition.  This appears to be what we want but it is not clear if the ability to save changes applies to any report that has an input control or is it limited to those specifically designed for sorting, formatting and column manipulation.  I am trying to figure out if we would need to redesign our existing reports to take advantage of saving parameter settings.

Thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just tried it out in pro, and if you have an input contros in a report, it seems you have the option to set the parameters the way you want and then save them as a set with a name (like, joes_weekly_report_parameters) inside the report. Then you can select that set of parameters the next time. I just did it on a sample report - I don't know if you can do multiple input controls at once, or if you have to do for each input control separately.