Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Can report filter input types be edited?

Joseph.Zelada

I'm working with Jasper Reports and running into issues with the reporting filters. When trying to apply a filter to one of our reports, we are using the "is not equal to" operator which gives a dropdown menu and seems to query our datasource for all potential values of the field we are filtering on. Our datasource has a large dataset (near 500,000 rows) for the object that holds the field in question, and instead of displaying the whole set it just sits there loading.

I've confirmed that this is not an issue with our datasource by checking the response we're getting from our DB in Chrome's console, so it seems to be a limitation in Jasper. It's understandable that it would take an insanely long time to render or not render at all, but because of this we can't do any sort of filtering that uses equals or not equals to on that field. I am wondering if there is a way to customize the filter to accept a text box for "equals", "is not equal to", and any other operator that gives a dropdown? Thank you for you help in advance!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic