We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Print Report with two different page size

christian.lang

Hey,

i'm  new to Jasper Reports, but i'm trying to build a report which supports two different page sizes - is there a possibility to do this?

My Task ist to build a Report with a big map at the first page (in the german format A0 or A1)  and a legend on page two (at a size of A4), because it is a big problem to print a A0-page because of some legend entries with a size of a few centimeters. 

The whole thing gets printed to pdf first, so the result should be a pdf document with those different page sizes - to use the option to resize the pages in Adobe Reader (or something like this) is not possible, because the legend entries coming at a static size from a datasource, and would be very small if i resize A0 to A4.

Any help would be very kind.

Thanks

Christian

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Create 2 separate Jasper reports. 1 for Image and the 2nd for legend. Now in your code (for ex: Java class), Create a list  say JPListand  add the 2 reports.

Create an Jasper Print object say JP1.

Now loop through the list JPLIST, listItem=JPLIST(0). Get the orientation value for each report. and  set the orientation.

JP1.setOrientation(listItem.getOrientationValue());'Now add the list Item to JP and export