We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to only print page header with other data?

gnomeking_jasper
Go to solution Solved by gnomeking_jasper,

I have a report made of many customizable sub-reports, each of which has a page header, detail band and page footer.  The detail band contains the data, and is conditionally printed based on a "show_tables" parameter and the page footer contains a chart representing the data conditionally printed based on a "show_chart" parameter.

When I generate the report with show_tables enabled (and not show_chart) then the page_header for the final sub-report on each page is printed on the new page even though there is no more data to display.  Similarly if I use show_chart (and not show_tables) and the chart is on a new page then the page_header is duplicated on the page before the chart.

What I would like is a page header that displays before the table/chart on each page that either the table or chart is displayed - but not on any page without either the table or the chart.

Can anyone suggest something I could try?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

It was actually very straight forward - As each subreport was in it's own band, simply setting the band's split type to "Prevent" ensures that it will move the whole sub-report onto a new page to start (but will split if the subreport is too long for a page).

If you want the subreport to allow a certain height before it'll split, then set the split type to "Stretch" and set the band height to this minimum, which needs to be bigger than the title.  That way it will show the title only when it gets the title plus something else on the page, otherwise it puts the page break before the band.