Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Facing issues while trying to export files in csv format

sharikaep

Jasper is not able to export files when data size is huge. For my applications, i need to pull out year long data, and when i do that jasper displays the data but I am not able to export it in any way.[none of the format works when data size is huge]. I am able to export data when I query month long data.

Is there a possible workaround for this issue?

I am using jaspersoft 5.0.0

This is the error in catalina.out when I try to export data 

:stack trace of exception that redirected to errorPage.jsp

ClientAbortException:  java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.realWriteBytes(OutputBuffer.java:373)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.ByteChunk.append(ByteChunk.java:356)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.writeBytes(OutputBuffer.java:396)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.write(OutputBuffer.java:385)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteOutputStream.write(CoyoteOutputStream.java:93)
        at java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream.writeTo(ByteArrayOutputStream.java:154)
        at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.common.domain.util.FileBufferedOutputStream.writeData(FileBufferedOutputStream.java:201)
        at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.action.AbstractReportExporter.exportBuffered(AbstractReportExporter.java:151)
        at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.action.AbstractReportExporter.export(AbstractReportExporter.java:91)
        at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.action.ReportExporterAction.export(ReportExporterAction.java:124)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
        at org.springframework.webflow.action.DispatchMethodInvoker.invoke(DispatchMethodInvoker.java:98)
        at org.springframework.webflow.action.MultiAction.doExecute(MultiAction.java:123)
        at org.springframework.webflow.action.AbstractAction.execute(AbstractAction.java:188)
        at org.springframework.webflow.execution.AnnotatedAction.execute(AnnotatedAction.java:145)
        at org.springframework.webflow.execution.ActionExecutor.execute(ActionExecutor.java:51)
        at org.springframework.webflow.action.EvaluateAction.doExecute(EvaluateAction.java:77)
        at org.springframework.webflow.action.AbstractAction.execute(AbstractAction.java:188)
        at org.springframework.webflow.execution.AnnotatedAction.execute(AnnotatedAction.java:145)
        at org.springframework.webflow.execution.ActionExecutor.execute(ActionExecutor.java:51)
        at org.springframework.webflow.engine.ActionList.execute(ActionList.java:155)
        at org.springframework.webflow.engine.State.enter(State.java:193)
        at org.springframework.webflow.engine.Transition.execute(Transition.java:227)
        at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.FlowExecutionImpl.execute(FlowExecutionImpl.java:393)
        at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.RequestControlContextImpl.execute(RequestControlContextImpl.java:214)
        at org.springframework.webflow.engine.TransitionableState.handleEvent(TransitionableState.java:119)
        at org.springframework.webflow.engine.Flow.handleEvent(Flow.java:555)
        at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.FlowExecutionImpl.handleEvent(FlowExecutionImpl.java:388)
        at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.RequestControlContextImpl.handleEvent(RequestControlContextImpl.java:210)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From my experience, weather I can export a year long data or 6 months really depends on the data size i'm exporting. Some of the reports with lighter loads can be exported even for two years. Moreover, my logic gets screwed up at that point[if I have to export data in chunks]. My client needs data throughout the year since they also need to see the total age on network for the customers[and other relevant calculations based on the data]

ps: this is what my catalina.out throws when I try to export heavy load:

ClientAbortException: java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe

at org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.realWriteBytes(OutputBuffer.java:373)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.ByteChunk.append(ByteChunk.java:356)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.writeBytes(OutputBuffer.java:396)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.write(OutputBuffer.java:385)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteOutputStream.write(CoyoteOutputStream.java:93)

at java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream.writeTo(ByteArrayOutputStream.java:154)

at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.common.domain.util.FileBufferedOutputStream.writeData(FileBufferedOutputStream.java:201)

at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.action.AbstractReportExporter.exportBuffered(AbstractReportExporter.java:151)

at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.action.AbstractReportExporter.export(AbstractReportExporter.java:91)

at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.action.ReportExporterAction.export(ReportExporterAction.java:124)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)

at org.springframework.webflow.action.DispatchMethodInvoker.invoke(DispatchMethodInvoker.java:98)

at org.springframework.webflow.action.MultiAction.doExecute(MultiAction.java:123)

at org.springframework.webflow.action.EvaluateAction.doExecute(EvaluateAction.java:77)

Hey!

I have the default config for virtualizer in applicationcontext.xml

<!-- report virtualizers -->
    <bean id="fileVirtualizerFactory" class="com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.common.service.impl.FileVirtualizerFactory">
        <property name="maxSize" value="300"></property>
        <property name="directory" value="${java.io.tmpdir}"></property>
    </bean>

Is there anything I can do here?