Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Integration with MS Active Directory

chris_16

I have Jaspersoft Server version 5.6.0 running on a windows 2008 machine. I have followed the cookbook here

http://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/jasperreports-server-authentication-cookbook/configuring-jasperreports-server-ldap

I am struggling to understand a few things.

1. There is a lot of talk about applicationContxt-externalAuth-LDAP.xml this is where I have made my modifications. Do I need to update applicationContext-security.xml too some way? I would seem this was where all the LDAP/AD config was a few version ago.
  2. My server starts up with no issues, but I am not getting any auth from LDAP. I have created a new security group called JasperAdmins (CN=JasperAdmins,CN=Users,DC=lwr,DC=local). Where do I need to put this, I cant for the life of me find it.

Any advice would really help me out.

Cheers 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As of 5.1, we have modified the external authentication to keep all modifications in a single applicationContext-externalAuth-xxx file. Migrating your old files instead of using the new file might work, but is definitely deprecated.

This is not going to be perfect, but maybe I can point in a direction to look. I think you want to configure this bean: