Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Output SQL with log4j in Jaspersoft Studio

gbaldeck87
Go to solution Solved by kkumlien,

Some background first. I'm using Jaspersoft Studio 5.6.0 Final and have followed the instructions here to setup log4j. I'm trying to get log4j to output the SQL query when my report is run. I have a problem with the query and need to see the SQL outputed by Jaspersoft Studio. I have a working datasource setup so connection to the datasource is not a problem.

I thought that following the instructions at the link above and then adding log4j.logger.net.sf.jasperreports.engine.query.JRJdbcQueryExecuter=debug to my log4j-config.properties file would let me see the output SQL, but it's not working.

To run the report I compile the jrxml and then click the preview tab. Since I followed the instructions in the link above, shouldn't the SQL be outputed to my log4j log file when I do that?

I need to get this working so I can fix my query. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 years later...
  • Solution

You can print out information to the console as described in How to get Jaspersoft Studio logging output from within scriptlet.

Or you probably want to enable FINE-level logging for the specific class you're interested in. See Configuring Apache Commons Logging and Log4J in Jaspersoft Studio (the article you referred to) and https://community.jaspersoft.com/questions/841628/it-possible-log-generated-sql-jasper-studio for an example.