We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

I am working on system based on jasperreports, and I have to generate a bar chart. I am using jasperreports 4.5.0, and have no option to use newer version, as this is the version installed at client side, and migrating to newer one would cause problems. 

So I made a bar chart, and here are some questions:

1. In addition to having bars in a chart, I have to draw a straight horizontal line  in the same chart representing some sort of average value. Is there any way to do this?

2.The data for report is extracted from the database. The  bar chart is using a dataset for its data. However, I need the label to contain some information from that dataset, but the label does not have access to the fields from that dataset. Can I get access to this dataset, or in general, any dataset, like some global one or something? Because right now there is only access to some "dummy" field.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Refer to this blog of mine where I have explained how to use multi axes chart to display bar chart and a line chart with values.

http://www.rajeshsirsikar.com/display-total-on-each-column-of-stacked-bar-in-jaspersoft-direct-approach/

If you have further questions let me know in teh comment. Ill get back to you.

Thanks

Rajesh Sirsikar