Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

ERROR: relation "jiresourcefolder" does not exist

diane.burns
Go to solution Solved by Swapnil Pawar,

Help... I am a newbie and am trying to install Jasperserver on an Ubuntu 14.04.1 64-bit system.

I did a custom install using my existing PostgreSQL database and the bundled tomcat.  The tomcat comes up but I get the following error when I try to go to jasperserver

HTTP:Status 404 - /jasperserver

I looked in the catalina.out file and I see the following:

2014-08-26 16:20:30,269 ERROR JDBCExceptionReporter,localhost-startStop-1:101 - ERROR: relation "jiresourcefolder" does not exist
  Position: 311
2014-08-26 16:20:30,298 ERROR ContextLoader,localhost-startStop-1:318 - Context initialization failed
com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSExceptionWrapper:

I look in my postgresql database and I find the jiresourcefolder under information_schema.jiresourcefolder and it is populated
There is nothing under the jasperserver database...

HELP?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like you've installed  JasperReports Server incorrectly. Exactly which scripts did you use to do the custom installation. Did you create an user for JaserReports Server and did you login as that user to create the database? Seems like you've just executed the ddl with the system account used to create  an user.

I just ran the jasperreports-server-cp-5.6.0-linux-x64-installer.run script from the Community site. It prompted me with questions and I filled them out. I did not do anything special to my database because it was my understanding that the script would take care of that.

• 8 years later...
  • Solution

Hello,

From the error, it seems that an error is due to the database structure for the repository was not successfully created by the ant target and the import script 

that imports the basic contents of the repository fails because of that. Please make sure that the js-ant targets are executed with the database 

user defined in default_master.properties, so if you are to use these commands, the user needs to have the correct set of permissions. 

Thanks!