We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Subreport resize problem at page break

stefan.pammer

Hi

I am using iReport Designer 4.0.1 for designing several Jasper Reports. Now I am working on a report with several subreports. The problem I am facing there is that I have a subreport with several text fields (aprox. 15) after each other, but depending on the use case only one or two of them are printed. So the subreport has to shrink the avoid free space in the main report that is generated by not printing 13 text fields (each has a height of 15). To enable this I set the position types of the text fields to float and checked the option remove line when blank. To avoid unnecessary free space on the main report I set the size of the subreport to a minimum (15). So far everything works fine and only the size needed by the printed text fields is take by the subreport.

But when the orignial design size of the subreport (320) does not fit on the first page completely (lets say 5 text fields would be on the second page when all 15 text fields would be printed) , because the content before is too large, the text fields that would be on the second page and have content stay on the second page and do not move up to the first page. This occurs although there would be sufficient space for the text fields on the first page. As I explained before this problem does not occur when the design size of the subreport fits completely on on page (e.g. when ignore pagination is checked). I have already tried several options, but I did not find anything to solve this problem. Has anybody of you got an idea?

Here are some screenshots of the problem (the red lines indicate the start of a new subreport):

paginationproblem_page1.PNG.a70d86f0ebd461d16d9f284a510b4c97.PNGthis was the first page, here comes the line break

paginationproblem_page2.PNG.813985e23625399a2051c9b557e32aeb.PNG

As you can see a lot of free space is created at the end of the first page. The next screenshot shows the sitation when the desined size of the subreport fits on one page. There all the unnecessary space of the not printed text fields gets removed before the next subreport (DET3 ZF) starts.

paginationproblem_onepage.PNG.aac2e899c25e3366a15162e876174117.PNG

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images