We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to pass a parameter (client_status) with one of three selections, All, Active, None and when client_status is set to None to not use this as a condition in the where statement when running the sql?

jndh90

I have a report that shows provider information and client information, when the user selects what client status to see on the report I don't want this to effect how the rest of the report runs. If the user selects Active then I want Active clients to print on the report, if the user selects All I want all clients to print regardless of client status, but if the user selects None this means do not print any clients on the report (but I still want the  provider information to print).  I am not sure 1) if I need to pass parameter to the report query, 2)if I do how write the sql to not use the expression when the client status is none, 3)if I don't and use the print when expression how to I define the parameter so it knows what All means?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you are describing sounds straightforward with techniques like $P{} SQL injection in the WHERE clause, Print When Expressions on subreports or creative use of grouping. But, you will need to provide more info if how want prescriptive assistance. Thanks