We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Is there a way to have "Export to" and other menu items displayed in iFrame, but not have input controls popup?

ilana_d

I am trying to display a report within an iframe with the inner menu, especially the Export as menu, but not the top-level Frame (Jaspersoft Home Library View Create etc).  When i use viewAsDashboardFrame=true, my input controls are passed correctly to the report (i.e. no popup asking for input controls), however when I use just decorate=no, I can see the page formatted as I would like, but the input controls box pops up.

My end goal is to give the end user the ability to export to excel.  I know I can do this programmatically using Java, but am trying to not go that route to avoid having to do a release of code.  Is there a way to just get the menu bar to show up and allow my users to export as they like without asking for input controls again?

Thanks very much!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer my own question in case somebody else is looking, I created a hyperlink as follows:

<textField isStretchWithOverflow="true" pattern="" hyperlinkType="Reference" hyperlinkTarget="Blank">    <reportElement uuid="8223e467-7e6c-4913-a01f-2617413a79d5" x="653" y="0" width="149" height="24"/>    <textFieldExpression><![CDATA["Export to Excel"]]></textFieldExpression>    <hyperlinkReferenceExpression><![CDATA["https://myserver/jasperserver-pro/flow.html?_flowId=viewReportFlow&ParentFolderUri=blahdeblah&reportUnit=blahdeblah&output=xls&hidden_param1=$P{param1}&hidden_param2=$P{param2}"]]>n</hyperlinkReferenceExpression></textField>[/code]

I also made sure to set "Always Prompt" to off in the Controls and Resources panel.

I hope this helps someone!