Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Error modifying theme

colin.gardner

I recently installed a new instance of Jasperserver and I am trying to create a new theme. However, when I try to activate my theme, I get the error below. I am able to activate the themes that come with Jasperserver, but if I make a copy of a theme without any changes, I get the error again. 

Error Message

org.springframework.dao.DataIntegrityViolationException: not-null property references a null or transient value: com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.common.service.impl.hibernate.persistent.RepoFileResource.parent; nested exception is org.hibernate.PropertyValueException: not-null property references a null or transient value: com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.common.service.impl.hibernate.persistent.RepoFileResource.parent

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's right, you don't have to deploy the entire theme.  You can create a new folder for your theme and build it out manually or you can upload it as a zipped file.  The only file you really need in your new folder is overrides_custom.css.  After you have it configured correctly, which will take some time since it has to be formatted in valid CSS, you can right-click on the new themes folder and set it active.  See Set as Active Theme from the fly-out menu.  Let us know if you have any more questions.  The Admin guide has information to help too.  Thanks.