Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Jasper server pro installation error in windows 8 64 bit

sadakar

Hi Forum,

I have installed jasper server but it is not loading and giving me the below error.

Jasper se Internal server error occurred. Please contact your system administrator. Details: Unable to compile class for JSP

Java 1.7 installed in windows. .. tomcat is working..

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, this is an odd error. 

It looks to me that the installation was succesfully completed. Because a JSP compile error would happen when JasperReports Server is trying to startup. 

There should be more detail in the log that is generated by the application server Tomcat. 

cd to <js-install-path>/apache-tomcat/logs

Look for the catalina.out file (or similar named file). You can attach it to this question thread (the file could be long). 

It looks like there is either a problem with permissions on the hard disk (Java is not able to read the .jsp file which it wants to compile because the .jsp files are part of the framework for the UI) or a problem with Java. The installer actually puts its own Java 1.7 in place which can be seen at <js-install-path>/java. This is the Java that the installer and startup scripts use. I have seen problems in the past where other, existing instances of Java have caused problems. Also, I have seen issues where there is a Java classpath set which ends up pointing to classes that interfere with the installer (but this type of issue was seen when compiling the source code - not on the install and startup).