Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

I tried to create a domain with 5 tables and one derived table. Whenever I tried to add some specific fields (three fields from one table), it gives me below error.

You are attempting to modify fields that are used in the following Ad Hoc views or reports. You can't save the Domain in its current state. To resolve dependencies, note the information below and remove the fields from the views and reports where they occur. 
One or more resources that you do not have permission to access.

When it allows me to add the table, why it is not allowing me to add these three columns.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could try "Configuring Domain Dependency Behavior". You can set the defaultDomainDependentsBlockAndUpdate property in applicationContext.xml to false. Ad Hoc views that use the fields you make may become unusable, but it sounds like that it less of a problem for you than the current behavior. See this link in the docs:

http://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/jasperreports-server-administration-guide/v56/configuring-domains#Configuring_Domain_Dependency_Behavior

• 1 month later...

When it says:  'You are attempting to modify fields that are used in the following Ad Hoc views or reports'

Is there a list of objects (Views, Reports, etc) after the mesage?  Those objects (If they are there - this is a new feature, there could be a bug) are dependent on something that you are changing (removing, renaming, etc).

The Domain designer does this as part of its sanity checker when you either push the 'check' button or when you exit the designer.

So, if you're getting a list, you need to deal with each object on the list. If you're not getting a list, that probably is a bug. It could be that you don't have permissionto access the dependent object - hence the 'One or more resources that you do not have permission to access.' clause.