We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Implode/join collection parameter

phillip.sdao
Go to solution Solved by ghudson_1,

This seems like it should be real easy, but its causing me problems.

I have a stored procedure it takes a string that is a comma delimited join of a collection. I want to take a collection that is a multi-select, and turn it into a string as my stored procedure parameter. Tried $P{...}.join(","). Tried making a variable thats String.join($P{...},",") and feeding in the variable. 

I would use $X{} but it seems like thats only for parameters. Is there some documentation somewhere on the $X{} functions(not sure what to call them)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

$X syntax for params is described here:

http://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/jasperreports-server-administration-guide-beta/query-based-input-controls

But that's more appropriate for creating an IN clause in a SQL query.  You need to cast your collection into string that retains the delimited values?  parameters can be based upon values of other parameters.  Sounds like you need to investigate a java method like this org.springframework.util.StringUtils.collectionToDelimitedString($P{mycollection},",")    <-- that could be the expression of the parameter which you pass to the storedproc