We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Translating the key, label and series of charts

kkbatkkbi

Hi,

I created a report with several charts of different types and now I am trying to localize the report using a ResourceBundle passed in the REPORT_RESOURCE_BUNDLE parameter. All the texts in the report are translated correctly except for the ones in the charts. I filled the keyExpression, labelExpression and seriesExpression with $R{STRING_KEY}, but the report is filled with the STRING_KEY instead of is value in the properties file. Can anyone tell me how can those strings inside the charts be translated using the ResourceBundle passed to the report?

Thank you very mutch.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

If you want to translate series/labels/etc in your chart, just Right-click on your bar chart for example.

Then, Edit Chart Properties, in the Chart Configuration, in the Expression editor of "X Axis Name" or "Y Axis Name" or "Caption", just type $R{YourKeyInYourBundle}.

You need to be in the Expression editor (Translation.PNG), otherwise iReport believes it's a basic string, so if you type your variable directly in the field, iReport thinks that your variable is "$R{YourKeyInYourBundle}" instead of $R{YourKeyInYourBundle}.

I do not know if I was clear enough. I hope it's going to help you a little.

Bye.