Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

New Install - Export/Import from Old Install?

mgurtler

I'm going to install JasperReports Server 5.5 on a Windows 7 32 bit VM. We have an existing install of JasperServer 3.7 running on Windows Server 2003. I would like to export our existing reports and settings, etc into the new install. How do I go about doing that. Can I do an export of the SQL in the existing MySQL database then import it into the new install's database? What other xml and properties files will need copied and edited? Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the older 3.7 JasperReports Server, there is not Import/Export in the UI. (I think the import-export in the UI was added in version 5.0 - but I can't remember exactly right now!).

So, you will need to run the export from 3.7 at the command line:

cd <js-install-location>/buildomatic

js-export.bat  --everything  --output-zip=js-3.7-export.zip

Then you can go to your 5.5 instance, and do the Manage > Server Settings > Import (as mentioned above)

Also, for detailed information on upgrade and import-export, you can take a look at the Install Guide which is found here:

<js-install-location/docs/JasperReports-Server-Install-Guide.pdf

(Lastly, the Install Guide is going to be added as html on this community site pretty soon with the next release 5.6 that is due out next month - that will make life a bit easier when looking for upgrade information.)

• 7 months later...

I actualy tried this very thing on linux.  We are on 3.7 and wanted to get up to 5.6.  I installed 5.6 and tried the import from my exported 3.7.  Some of my reports work and some dont.  I get a error about casting integers to boolean.  I would have to back track and try it again for specifics.  In any event this aproach has not worked for me as of yet.