Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

unable to resolve class net.sf.jasperreports.compilers.GroovyEvaluator

yun.zhi.lin
Go to solution Solved by yun.zhi.lin,

I'm using Jasper Studio 5.5.1 trying to open my .JRXML files which were created using iReport 5.5.0.

The reports are working correctly in iReport, in Jasper Studio I create a brand new Jasper project and copy the JRXML files in. However I come across the following error when trying to compile:

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Errors were encountered when compiling report expressions class file:

org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:

calculator_Receipt_1397035857101_637810: 18: unable to resolve class net.sf.jasperreports.compilers.GroovyEvaluator 

@ line 18, column 1.

calculator_Receipt_Receipt_1397035857101_637810: 18: unable to resolve class net.sf.jasperreports.compilers.GroovyEvaluator 

@ line 18, column 1.

calculator_Receipt_dataset1_1397035857101_637810: 18: unable to resolve class net.sf.jasperreports.compilers.GroovyEvaluator 

@ line 18, column 1.

3 errors

at net.sf.jasperreports.compilers.JRGroovyCompiler.compileUnits(JRGroovyCompiler.java:113)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstractCompiler.java:201)

at net.sf.jasperreports.eclipse.builder.JasperReportCompiler.compileReport(JasperReportCompiler.java:172)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.editor.preview.view.control.ReportControler.compileJasperDesign(ReportControler.java:398)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.editor.preview.view.control.ReportControler.access$14(ReportControler.java:386)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.editor.preview.view.control.ReportControler$4.run(ReportControler.java:319)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

I check my class path and Jasper Libraries is included. I suspect the Groovy evaluator is needed for expressions such as:

<variable name="isRent" class="java.lang.Boolean">
<variableExpression><![CDATA[$F{allocation_charge_category}.equals("Rent") ? Boolean.TRUE : $V{isRent}]]></variableExpression>
<initialValueExpression><![CDATA[boolean.FALSE]]></initialValueExpression>
</variable>[/code]
Please advice if there is a work around or did I miss anything in my setup.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the same problem with 6.0, I can't get rid of the language="groovy" parameter as I'm actually using expressions written in Groovy (if I get rid of it, it seems to default back to Java, causing expression compilation errors).

• 2 years later...