We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Created custom expression and jar file -where to copy on server?

npickard

OK, created a custom expression function, and I have a test version of JasperReports Server 5.2.  I copied my jar file to /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib and all is good.

Now to move to production, we have  JasperReports Pro server 5.1 -I copied my jar file to the same location on prod, but now my custom expressions cannot be resolved -is there another place I should be copying my custom expresssion jar to?   Or does (gulp) 5.1 not support custom expressions?

Thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you also remember to update your WEB_INFapplicationContext-adhoc.xml and WEB_INFbundles adhoc_messages.properties files?  It seems like it should work on 5.1, since these instructions have been in place since 3.5, and I haven't heard of 5.1 specific-bugs around this. 

https://www.jaspersoft.com/creating-user-defined-formulas-tutorial-0

In addition, you need to restart the server to get it to see the jars. You might verify on a test 5.1 instance before you play too much with prod.

Elizam, thanks, I'll check that. I had restarted the server, but with no luck -I didn't realize I had to edit that xml and properties file (I have a test community server that I'd just copied the jar file over, restarted, and it worked which is where my confusion came from for the pro version). Again, thanks, I'll give that a go!