Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Is the Excel column autofit working at all?

ct1337

For hours I've tried all combinations of options to try to get this Excel autofit to resize the columns of my data extract, but nothing has worked.

The option to autofit the Excel columns to their content is not functional. The parameter I use in the jrxml is:

<property name="net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.auto.fit.column" value="true"/>

This doesn't appear to have any effect on either the XLS or XLSX export format. When publishing this report to the server, this issue persists.

This property is added as a report property. When added as a field property, interestingly the Studio interface picks that up and shows "FitCol" in the column for which the property was added (see attached screenshot). But it's not working any better than having the property at the report level anyway...

Any clues what I may be doing wrong?

Studio and Server are both on v5.5.0

redrum.png.ca8317c91508288c28b14ba0db0c2d81.png

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are not doing it wrong, but the feature does not work with Jasper Server 5+ at all! The bug has been there for more than a year!!! I think nobody from Jasper cares about this. There was an issue #3533 that was opened but they even deleted the issue without any explanataion.

It is high time somebody fixed this issue because most excel reports rely on flexible column widths!