We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Connect to MongoDB using JasperReports Server web app

cabalamat

I have a Mongo DB database and I want to extract data from it and produce reports in JasperReports. I've read http://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/mongodb which discusses how to connect MongoDB to JasperReport.

However that document only gives instructions for the GUI app version of JasperReports Server, and I am using the JasperReports Server web app.

Is it possible, using the web app, for me to connect MongoDB to JasperReports? How?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a similar issue that I solved by the following:

• dowload iReport Designer or jaspersoft studio from sourceforge
  • Create a Data Adapter and add your mongo database with login credentials
  • Create a JasperReports Server Connection and refer it to your own JasperReports Server instance
  • Create a new JasperReport using the Report Wizard
  • After creating your report, publish / upload it to your JasperReports Server.
  • The .jrxml file will now be visible within your JasperReports Server as a 'Topic'
  • Login and Create an Ad-Hoc-Report in your  JasperReports Server
  • Choose the Topic selection and browse to the directory that you uploaded your report to previously
  • And that should be it!

However, the problem that I encountered througout this process was that there were no fields from my mongodb visible. The Jaspersoft Studio tool Preview produced an empty report. 

My database, called shortstories, has a collection called hardbackbooks. And each row in 'hardbackbooks' contains the 2 fields, content and created_date. The query string I used when creating the report is below; Can anyone help with this JasperSoft to MongoDB syntax, please? 

{collectionName : 'hardbackbooks',

findFields : {
'content':1,
'created_date':1},
rowsToProcess:20
}