Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

No admin privileges with superuser admin?

josh_8

I created a fresh instance of 5.5 on AWS - BI Professional. Followed directions and everything was fine. Changed password of superuser log in as instructed.

However this superuser seems to have no admin privileges.Can't edit roles, themes or support.  I log in successfully but the roles seems to only be able to view admin screens..not change anything. Have reviewed documentation andno answers. 

Any ideas?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me just add to my poorly worded question. :)  This super admin role seems to have no rights at all. On the "users" page I cannon assign or edit user roles or user names. I can add users but they are all assigned just a basic role. So it seems that this super user account does not have admin priviliges. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

J

Yes edit user is not enabled. I exported the roles/user data and it sees like the account is set up correctly (see below).  I can add users but not edit any users or roles.  All I did was change the password for superuser post log in as requested.  I've  pasted below the export. Should I terminate the instance and create another?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
-<user><username>superuser</username><fullName>superuser</fullName><password>ENC<C1482CCF34A83ECEB55D7BD40A6D6091></password><externallyDefined>false</externallyDefined><enabled>true</enabled><role>ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR</role><role>ROLE_SUPERUSER</role><previousPasswordChangeTime>2014-03-30T18:21:50.441Z</previousPasswordChangeTime></user>

Started another instance and same issue. I figured something else must be at work here. It  was.

The admin screens dont' work with Chrome...with IE they are fine. I can't remember the last time I couldn't use Chrome on a site, even a banking site. Jasper must be OLD SCHOOL!