Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Jasper Ireport exports empty excel file when setting detect cell type

roma.jadhwani

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The datatype is set to java.math.bigdecimal and we are calling JasperReport APIs in java to download the report in excel,we are not using JasperServer.

In iReport Designer, when I set the following property - in properties expression for that textfield,I am able to generate XLS file with values being considered as numeric which is correct.

But for some of the reports when I preview in XLS i am getting empty file.

The datatype is set to java.math.bigdecimal and we are calling JasperReport APIs in java to download the report in excel,we are not using JasperServer.
In iReport Designer, when I set the following property - <property name="net.sf.jasperreports.export.xlsx.detect.cell.type" value="true"/> in properties expression for that textfield,I am able to generate XLS file with values being considered as numeric which is correct.
But for some of the reports when I preview in XLS i am getting empty file.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I too have same kind of issue in iPad. I am getting emply .xlsx file when i set detect cell type to true. If i set detect cell type to false, then only data in few columns are displayed though there are data for other columns.

I am generating the report via JasperReports. Previewing the report in iReport works fine.

This issue is only in iPad Safari. The report is generated with data in all other browsers in Windows OS.

Can anyone help!!

Thanks in advance!!