We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

error loading report template

akasson

My workstation was upgrade to Windows 7 64 bit, and now I cannot open any jrxml files created in iReport 4.0.2.  I download 5.1 and same problem.   I searched and found some others posting the same question, but no real answers on how to fix.   I have changes to make in reports, and I can't even use this product anymore.  Any help?

thanks in advance.

-------------------------------------------------------
Error loading the report template

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl not found
Level:
    SEVERE
Stack Trace:
javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl not found
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.JrxmlLoader.reloadJasperDesign(JrxmlLoader.java:102)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.JrxmlVisualView.run(JrxmlVisualView.java:505)
    org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:572)
    org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:997)
Provider com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl not found
    javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRReportSaxParserFactory.createSAXParserFactory(JRReportSaxParserFactory.java:119)
    net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRReportSaxParserFactory.createParser(JRReportSaxParserFactory.java:101)
    net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlDigesterFactory.createParser(JRXmlDigesterFactory.java:1338)
    net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlDigesterFactory.createDigester(JRXmlDigesterFactory.java:1313)
    net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:205)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.JrxmlLoader.reloadJasperDesign(JrxmlLoader.java:87)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.JrxmlVisualView.run(JrxmlVisualView.java:505)
    org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:572)
    org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:997)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess this forum doesn't have much activity.   I can't pay for support is there any other jasper forum to get help?

I don't understand why ireport is looking for "com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl".   The implementation class is located in xerces.jar, but the class is "org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl", without the "com.sun".

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...
Hi, i had the same error. In my case, I had multiple jvm installed on my machine, and by default i'm using an ibm jvm, that has an different path for SAXParserFactory.

I solved setting up the var jdkhome defined into <iReportPath>etcireport.conf, with the path for a jdk1.6

Try with this, maybe it works for you too.

Hi Juan, thanks for your response. I tried this before I posted my topic, and it did not work. However, I did solve the problem. I had to copy my entire "jre6" folder in to my <iReportPath> folder, AND rename the folder name from "jre6" to "jre".

So, in my "ireport.conf" file, i set the jdkhome var to :jdkhome="C:iReport-5.5.0jre"

Only then could I get the templates to open up.
I hope this helps someone out there that was having my same problem.

Hi Juan, thanks for your response. I tried this before I posted my topic, and it did not work. However, I did solve the problem. I had to copy my entire "jre6" folder in to my folder, AND rename the folder name from "jre6" to "jre".

So, in my "ireport.conf" file, i set the jdkhome var to :jdkhome="C:iReport-5.5.0jre"

Only then could I get the templates to open up.

I hope this helps someone out there that was having my same problem.

I just posted this as an answer.