Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

access is denied message after create custom user and role in jaspersoft server

sourabh.g

I have create a new role ROLE_TEST and a user Test_User and ROLE_TEST assign readonly permission and start the server

when i login through this user  i getting access  is denied

and

You do not have permission to view this page.

Please contact your system administrator or log in as a user with permission.

I also follow jasper server admin guide for creating user and roles....but till now i am getting access is denied for custome role.

if any one know so share ur knowledge for my help............

Thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem. 

In fact if we add the role_users it allows to access, but it also get's access to some root features like jdbc, analysis, content files, input files.

Isn't possible to create a role from scratch, with e.g. access only to root -> reports ?

thanks.

• 2 months later...

I am trying to do the same thing: create a new user and role which can only see a subset (or folder) of reports.  This does not seem to be possible with jasper server.  From various posts, it seems you have to assign all users with "ROLE_USER".  however, this then gives your restricted user access to everything.  So I tried setting both my restricted role, and role_user, to have no acces to anything except the reports.  This results in getting this error when i try to run the reports:

java.lang.RuntimeException: org.springframework.security.AccessDeniedException: Access is denied

The fact that you cant restrict users to specific reports only, and not the rest of the system, means jasper server is not suitable for our oganisation.