Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Jasper Ad-hoc View - Parameter Passing

dlennon0

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Daire. If you haven't already, you should check out the JasperReports Server User Guide, specifically section 2.2.5, Adding a Custom URL to a Dashboard. You can download or view the User Guide by clicking the Docs tab above, or using this URL:

http://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation?version=7114

If that doesn't address your issue, leave me a comment and I'll investigate further for you.

aimee

Hi Aimee,

Thanks for the answer but I don't think that reference answers my question. My query has nothing to do with custom URLs on Dashboards.

I have a URL e.g. http://localhost:8080/jasperserver-pro/flow.html?_flowId=adhocFlow&resource=/project/adhoc/Ad_Hoc_View which is a predefined (domain based) ad-hoc view. Can I pass a value in the linking URL to initialise filters on the the view?

Thanks,

Dáire

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For reports created through domain->adhoc views, can you please tell how to pass the parameters in the url to assign values to input controls of the adhoc view.

Example - if i have a date field. i will right click and select 'create filter' which provides two textboxes for dates. Problem is finding the id for these textboxes.

• 5 months later...
hi, i have searched and don't think you can pass parameters in an ad hoc view. You can add filters to a view and then save it as a report. then you can edit this report and on input controls set it to always prompt. it is the only option i have found

• 1 year later...

I'm not sure if this would work for a domain, but I can pass parameters using a topic by adding to the query.

SELECT *, ($P{date_start}::DATE) as start_date, ($P{date_end}::DATE) as end_date[/code]

Hope this helps!

Jay