Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

robertmkc
Go to solution Solved by elizam,

I know I'm missing something easy here:

I'm trying to connect to MongoDB in JasperServer 5.1.  I have a MongoDB connection defined and tests as working.  How can I use that data source to create an Ad Hoc View?  I can't seem to create a Domain/Topic off the data, as the source does not show up in my list.

Any suggestions?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

I don't think you can make a Domain from MongoDB. The Admin Guide says:

MongoDB is a big data architecture based on the NoSQL model that is neither relational nor SQL-based. Jaspersoft provides a
connector that allows reports to use MongoDB as a data source. Reports based on a MongoDB data source can be used as
Topics that allow users to create Ad Hoc views based on the fields returned by the MongoDB query. However, Domains
require relational data sources, and therefore MongoDB data sources cannot be used in Domains.

In theory, you can create a Topic without a domain, but it seems you need to use iReport and upload the Topic.  BUT there is no documentation on how to create a Topic in the iReport Ultimate Guide.

However, this answer may help: http://community.jaspersoft.com/questions/539142/creating-topics-and-domains