We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

html export + image impossible

thundric

Hi,

using jasperreports 4.8 with JDeveloper 11.1.1.5 and weblogic 10.3.5.0 I lost my mind over this, since I've done this sucessfully using jasperreports 3.7. with Jdeveloper 10.1.3.4 and OAS 10.1.3.4.1, but now I simply cannot make it work. I've googled for hours and nothing helped me.

web.xml

ImageServlet
            net.sf.jasperreports.j2ee.servlets.ImageServlet

ImageServlet
            /image

servlet.java (based on webapp demo - HtmlServlet, same goes for XhtmlServlet does not work)

PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();

File sourceFile = new File("/test.jasper");
            jReport = (JasperReport)JRLoader.loadObject(sourceFile);

OracleConnection conn = getDBConnection("STRKZR");

HashMap paramNameValues = new HashMap();
            jPrint = JasperFillManager.fillReport(jReport, paramNameValues, conn);

JRHtmlExporter exporter = new JRHtmlExporter();
            request.getSession().setAttribute(ImageServlet.DEFAULT_JASPER_PRINT_SESSION_ATTRIBUTE, jPrint);

exporter.setParameter(JRHtmlExporterParameter.IS_USING_IMAGES_TO_ALIGN, Boolean.FALSE); //regardless if this is true or false images do not show up
            exporter.setParameter(JRExporterParameter.JASPER_PRINT, jPrint);
            exporter.setParameter(JRExporterParameter.OUTPUT_WRITER, out);
            exporter.setParameter(JRHtmlExporterParameter.IMAGES_URI, "http://127.0.0.1:7101/Portal-ViewController-context-root/faces/image?image="); // hardcoded url to ImageServlet

exporter.exportReport();

When I look at the html source I can clearly see the src for image and it's correct:

img src="http://127.0.0.1:7101/Portal-ViewController-context-root/faces/image?image=img_0_0_1" style="height: 49px" alt=""

I can copy paste the image src into new browser tab and it is displayed correctly. 

What could be the solution for this? Please help I'm out of ideas.

Solved:

request.getSession().setAttribute(net.sf.jasperreports.j2ee.servlets.ImageServlet.DEFAULT_JASPER_PRINT_SESSION_ATTRIBUTE, jPrint);
            exporter.setParameter(JRExporterParameter.JASPER_PRINT,jPrint);
            exporter.setParameter(JRExporterParameter.OUTPUT_WRITER, response.getWriter());
            exporter.setParameter(JRHtmlExporterParameter.IMAGES_URI, "../image?image="); //this is the line that was worng
            exporter.exportReport();

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried with and without exporter.setParameter(JRHtmlExporterParameter.IS_USING_IMAGES_TO_ALIGN, Boolean.FALSE) and I can confirm that images are displayed correctly in both cases. This is not critical.

My problem was only the line: exporter.setParameter(JRHtmlExporterParameter.IMAGES_URI,"../image?image=");

Just in case if someone wonders how to stop getting images from cache this can be used:

exporter.setParameter(JRHtmlExporterParameter.IMAGES_URI,"../image?"+ "time=" + System.currentTimeMillis() + "&image=");

Hope it helps.