Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Subreport contains all data returned

davidbhybrid

I have a Main report as well as a Subreport that are working correctly with one exception. The Main report keeps all of my data together based on a Job Number, however, the subreport displays ALL the data for every Job Number each time. I would like the subreport to ONLY display the data with the Job Number in the Main report.

I have attaced my Main JRXML (Job Account Detail) as well as the Subreport JRXML (Job Production Notes).

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Post Edited by djbolduc at 09/07/2012 01:20

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to tell exectly because I don't have your data sources but when I look into the subreport query I see a couple things that are likely to be the problem.

Like this,

and CASE WHEN $P{job_number} = 0

THEN j.id > 0

ELSE j.id = $P{job_number}

END

All the parameters you want used in the query need to be $P!{job_number} ... having the ! (bang) ... I notice you have some with the bang and some without. The ones without are not being replaced with an actual value.

Hope this helps,

Clark

Thanks for your response, unfortunately, that was not the Probelm. Each Job has Notes that should display in the SubReport. The problem here is that the SubReport is displaying the Notes for all Jobs regardless of the Job Number.

If I have 2 jobs in the report, the Notes for both Jobs display for each of the jobs instead of Job A notes displaying for Job A and Job B notes displaying for Job B.

Any other ideas?