We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Unique rows in ad hoc table

svedec

I have a table in which I list my contacts with their address and phone number.

I also have a dataset which lists which employees have worked on which client's dossier.

When I make my list, 1 contact is shown 3 times, with the same address and phone number.
When I add the employees, I can see why, she's had 3 over a stretch of time.

My question is, is there a way to have unique rows in the table, when the employee's name is not showing ? (like an SQL "distinct") ?

Examples attached.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like you are using AdHoc table report. Table will always show noon-aggregated records, basically transactions with the lowest level of details. Crosstab on contrary will display distinct values and aggregate any numeric measures.

To be able to display your contacts as unique in a table, you need to ensure your AdHoc source provides it correctly. For example Topic or Domain also selects current assigned employee, and not all the records.

Hope that helps on theory and you can find solution for your data structure.

Hi and thanks for your reply. The thing is the history of those employees should be availble, in case the user needs to know.

I kind of wished the table report would 'distinct' the lines in the table itself as long as the employee column wasn't added.

The thing with the crosstab report is I don't have a measure. What I can come up with is in the attachment, but doesn't look pretty.

Plus, I have to open all the +'s to see the entire record, giving me way too much totals etc.

Hi Sven,

Great that you understand the Table design!

For crosstab you can remove summaries by clicking on the Row headers, and then display all the records by expanding the levels. Yes, crosstab requires a metric to be able to save it.

If you would rather redefine your Topic/Domain to locate only current agent, you still can use the original metalayer to show the history. Think how your end users will find it more convenient for reporting.

Regards,

Olga