Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Issue installing jasperserver with existing tomcat 6

flycast

On Ubuntu server 12.04. I have a working tomcat installation. When I install Jasperserver using the 32 bit linux jasperserver the installation asks for the folder where the current tomcat-apache is in. My tomcat is installed at /opt/tomcat. I could not find any folder or file called "apache-tomcat" I attempted the install using "/opt/tomcat" and install bundled Postgre database. Tomcat runs fine but when I load localhost:8080/jasperserver I get:

HTTP Status 404 -

type Status report

description The requested resource () is not available.

Apache Tomcat/6.0.35

I am learning about tomcat and jasperserver. I am trying to use the existing tomcat because I already have BonitaSoft running on a tomcat instance and would like to use the same one.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have gained access to the Tomcat manager and see that the jasperserver app is listed but is not started. when I try to start the all I get the following (and a whole bunch more) in the log files:

catalina.out log:

2012-07-22 17:02:55,553  WARN JDBCExceptionReporter,http-8080-1:100 - SQL Error: 0, SQLState: null
2012-07-22 17:02:55,558 ERROR JDBCExceptionReporter,http-8080-1:101 - Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.)
2012-07-22 17:02:55,560  WARN SettingsFactory,http-8080-1:133 - Could not obtain connection to query metadata
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.)
    at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createPoolableConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:1549)
    at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1388)

and catalina.2012-07-22.log

Jul 22, 2012 5:02:59 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Jul 22, 2012 5:02:59 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/jasperserver] startup failed due to previous errors
Jul 22, 2012 5:02:59 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/jasperserver] appears to have started a thread named [Thread-13] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Jul 22, 2012 5:02:59 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/jasperserver] appears to have started a thread named [quartzScheduler_Worker-0] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [/jasperserver] appears to have started a thread named [quartzScheduler_Worker-1] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [/jasperserver] appears to have started a thread named [quartzScheduler_QuartzSchedulerThread] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Jul 22, 2012 5:03:30 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Jul 22, 2012 5:03:30 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/jasperserver] startup failed due to previous errors
Jul 22, 2012 5:03:30 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/jasperserver] appears to have started a thread named [Thread-16] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Jul 22, 2012 5:03:30 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/jasperserver] appears to have started a thread named [quartzScheduler_Worker-0] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [/jasperserver] appears to have started a thread named [quartzScheduler_Worker-1] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [/jasperserver] appears to have started a thread named [quartzScheduler_QuartzSchedulerThread] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Code:
catalina.out log:2012-07-22 17:02:55,553  WARN JDBCExceptionReporter,http-8080-1:100 - SQL Error: 0, SQLState: null2012-07-22 17:02:55,558 ERROR JDBCExceptionReporter,http-8080-1:101 - Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.)2012-07-22 17:02:55,560  WARN SettingsFactory,http-8080-1:133 - Could not obtain connection to query metadataorg.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.)    at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createPoolableConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:1549)    at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1388)and catalina.2012-07-22.logJul 22, 2012 5:02:59 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startSEVERE: Error listenerStartJul 22, 2012 5:02:59 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startSEVERE: Context [/jasperserver] startup failed due to previous errorsJul 22, 2012 5:02:59 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreadsSEVERE: The web application [/jasperserver] appears to have started a thread named [Thread-13] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.Jul 22, 2012 5:02:59 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreadsSEVERE: The web application [/jasperserver] appears to have started a thread named [quartzScheduler_Worker-0] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.Jul 22, 2012 5:02:59 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreadsSEVERE: The web application [/jasperserver] appears to have started a thread named [quartzScheduler_Worker-1] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.Jul 22, 2012 5:02:59 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreadsSEVERE: The web application [/jasperserver] appears to have started a thread named [quartzScheduler_QuartzSchedulerThread] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.Jul 22, 2012 5:03:30 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startSEVERE: Error listenerStartJul 22, 2012 5:03:30 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startSEVERE: Context [/jasperserver] startup failed due to previous errorsJul 22, 2012 5:03:30 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreadsSEVERE: The web application [/jasperserver] appears to have started a thread named [Thread-16] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.Jul 22, 2012 5:03:30 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreadsSEVERE: The web application [/jasperserver] appears to have started a thread named [quartzScheduler_Worker-0] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.Jul 22, 2012 5:03:30 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreadsSEVERE: The web application [/jasperserver] appears to have started a thread named [quartzScheduler_Worker-1] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.Jul 22, 2012 5:03:30 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreadsSEVERE: The web application [/jasperserver] appears to have started a thread named [quartzScheduler_QuartzSchedulerThread] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

The "Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory" could be due to a lot of different things, some things to check are:

- is your repository database running? Maybe the database that Tomcat is trying to connect to isn't running. Check the context.xml file for the jasperserver application, which contains the database connection information, and see if you can connect to the database via some other tool.

- if the database is running, maybe there's something else that blocking connections to the database - like a firewall, for instance. In which case you would have to allow traffic on the database port.

P.S.: How did you install jasperserver? Are you having these problems on your own machine?

Yep. My connection is being refused. Thanks for the pointer in the right direction. Looking through the logs I can see that the querys ran OK. Checking the port it has the postmaser bound to it. This is on a machine at home with the sole purpose of helping me learn more about Tomcat and Jasper. I'll work on and see what I can learn.