We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Row Level security for Domain with unrelated tables

yarbaz

Hi all,

I am new to Jaspersoft. I am creating a domain with row level security. Domain has unrelated tables ( say 100 tables). In the Domain Designer I select my tables. In the "Joins tab", I make a join of each table with a seperate dummy table. In the "Display Tab", I see the jointree_1 and joinTree_2 etc. Here I select my tables and columns in the Display tab. 

My security file looks like this and it works fine.

<resourceAccessGrantList id="JoinTree_1_user4" label="aLabel" resourceId="JoinTree_1">
   <resourceAccessGrants>
    <resourceAccessGrant id="user4_grantCustStatus">
     <principalExpression>authentication.getPrincipal().getRoles().any{ it.getRoleName() in ['ETL_USER4'] }</principalExpression>
     <filterExpression>DAI_VW_CUSTOMER_STATUS.ETL_USER in ('4')</filterExpression>
    </resourceAccessGrant>
   </resourceAccessGrants>
  </resourceAccessGrantList>

My question is, do I have to make these silly joins to make it work? I don't want to create 100 dummy tables ( or view) for 100 good unrelated tables.

When I don't create joins, I can still select my tables in the display tab but then I don't know what to put in the  resourceId and <filterExpression>. If I use the resourceId=mytablename, and mytablename.mycolumn in the filter express, it does not work.

Thank you 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

100 tables in a domain is a lot. Typically domains have a lot less tables, and yes you need the joins. I would consider designing domains with less tables, and have the domain themselves deal with the data of a particular business/functional area (Sales, HR, Operations, etc). Having multiple domains like this makes it easier for the end user to know which domain to choose when they're designing their reports, and in the backend, makes the queries that the server builds less complicated.