We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Excel format set to custom ";;" format for certain data types

groeninj

I am migrating from version 3.7.6 to version 4.5.1, and now in our excel reports, we are experiencing odd results.

It seems for data types of Integer, BigDecimal and Double the cells in the spreadsheet are blank, but still show the values when you click on the cell.   If you right click on the cell, and go to "Format Cells", it says the format is "Custom" with a type of ";;" .

I am using the parameter that autodetects the datatypes.  If I turn this parameter off, everything does display as text, so I am wondering if there are any known bugs related to this autodetect.  I have spent a good hour trying to look for any related threads but could not find any.

Thanks for the help.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found that I was not getting the issue in JasperReports 4.0.1 either.  I was unable to figure out the issue.  Instead I decided to use custom patterns based on datatype in my application.

I was using the JRXlsExporter.  I did find that when not using the detect datatype property, that everything was displaying as a string, so it looked like it was close to working with detecting datatypes, just not sure why the format was being set to ";;".  Probably some conflicting setting I have that I am unaware of.