We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperServer 4.5.0 - 64bit and Oracle 10g

CaptnTony

Sorry for bringing this one up again.

"Error Message

com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSExceptionWrapper: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRuntimeException: No query executer factory registered for the 'plsql' language."

I've used JasperReports (and iReport) for many years with MS SQL Servers, but got a new job and am trying to implement iReports against Oracle 10g (can't change as it's a ERP database) through JasperServer.   I'm good getting the connections via iReport and can move the report to the server with the plugin within iReport just fine.

I have a connection resource on the jasperserver that was 'copied from iReport', so I'm hoping that is working (as there is no test connection button on that).  I have moved the oracle dll into the tomcat lib folder and made adjustments to the following files (due to it being claimed as a fix to the problem I'm having on someone's BLOG):

1. added: net.sf.jasperreports.query.executer.factory.plsql=com.jaspersoft.jrx.query.PlSqlQueryExecuterFactory

to the end of this file: C:Program Filesjasperreports-server-cp-4.5.0apache-tomcatwebappsjasperserverWEB-INFclassesjasperreports.properties

2. added <value>plsql<value>  after the <value>sql<value>

in this file: C:Program Filesjasperreports-server-cp-4.5.0apache-tomcatwebappsjasperserverWEB-INFflowsqueryBeans.xml

and

3. Added <value>plsql<value> after all <value>sql<value> and <value>PLSQL<value> after all <value>SQL<value>

in this file: C:Program Filesjasperreports-server-cp-4.5.0apache-tomcatwebappsjasperserverWEB-INFapplicationContext.xml

4. Moved ...ireportmodulesextjasperreports-extensions-3.5.3.jar to ...jasperserverWEB-INFlib folder

I saw some discussions on this forum regarding JasperServer 4.x about getting a Wiki together for those of us suffering through getting this working.  Any news on that? If not, anyone know of links that I may have missed talking about changes that are needed (with pretty descriptive instructions as I'm new to web services overall).

Thank you in advance, I appreciate any info!

*** Edit (add info)***
Yes, I stopped and restarted the JasperServer.  I also stopped it, shut the Windows 7 box down and started it all up again.  Same issue.

Todd

Post Edited by CaptnTony at 04/13/2012 21:47

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I found out that I don't need to specify plsql for SQL Statements written against an Oracle 10g database. I am currently only using std SQL statements (nothing particular to Oracle: specific functions or stored procedures). So, setting the SQL language to: sql (changing it from plsql) allowed the report I'm playing with to run properly in both iReport and JasperServer 4.5.0. Saving it with the change wasn't enough though, if I recall correctly. I had to actually preview the report in iReport before updating it on the JasperServer.

I did notice that the text didn't look at all like the text in preview (not arial, all same size, and underlines missing), but I'll work on that issue later.

For now, until I must use Oracle specific functions or sp calls, I'm going to keep pushing forward :)

• 1 year later...