We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to print ONLY the first record of a certain field?

mdelvalle

Hello!

I would like to know if ther's any way I can import parameters from an Excel spreadsheet (as that's my datasource). I'm generating a template with several user-custom parameters, and I would like to import them directly from my spreadsheet, and let iReport do the work for me. I supposed that maybe I could asign several cells in my sheet for that purpose, so the "end-user" could write the custom information there, and then find a way to force iReport to read those fields, but on the condition that he always read "the same record", and didn't go forward increasing the index of the field.

I mean: I use one column for each "parameter", next to the table itself. But, somehow, I order iReport to read ONLY the first record of those particular fields, and print them in the background band. At the same time, the table (wich contains the fields, properly speaking) is read conventionally.

The idea is that any end-user that wants to print out a table just has to write down the info in an Excel template, and hond the .xls file over to me. I connect the data with my iReport template and return to the user the output ready.

That way, by the time I receive the data source (the Excel file) it's finished, and Idon't need to re-introduce any information. I just PDF-preview my report and it's done.

Is there any way I can do this?

Thanks!

Manuel

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic