Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Jasper Report Server - MySQL Data Source Problem

atifpmalik

Dear All,

I am new to Jasper reports and it is a good tool for reporting purpose. While working on it I have downloaded the latest build of Jasper Report Server 4.5 and intalled it on Ubuntu 64-bit machine. The installation was by default with postgres server.

However, now I want to connect to MySQL Server and iReport is able to make the connection with no problems. For Jasper Report Server I already have the mysql jar file available on my machine version 5.1.10.

I have tried to copy this file on the following locations but still have not been able to successfully connect JDBC Data Source from report server to the mysql database. Can you please let me know what is wrong.

Files copied at the following location:

/jasperreports-server-cp-4.5.0/apache-tomcat/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.10.jar

/jasperreports-server-cp-4.5.0/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.10.jar

/jasperreports-server-cp-4.5.0/buildomatic/conf_source/db/mysql/jdbc/mysql-connector-java-5.1.10.jar

/jasperreports-server-cp-4.5.0/buildomatic/conf_source/ieCe/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.10.jar

/jasperreports-server-cp-4.5.0/buildomatic/install_resources/extra-jars/mysql-connector-java-5.1.10.jar

Would appreciate help very urgently.

Regards,
Atif

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The very first one should do the trick:

jasperreports-server-cp-4.5.0/apache-tomcat/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.10.jar

But just to double-check, you should see the postgresql jdbc driver already in that same folder.

Can you post the error message when you try and connect?

You can find the error message in tomcat:

jasperreports-server-cp-4.5.0/apache-tomcat/logs/catalina.out

or perhaps

jasperreports-server-cp-4.5.0/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/logs/jasperserver.log

Thanks  tkavanagh....

But after few hit and tries I have managed to forge a connection between MySQL and Jasper Report Server. I am however not sure as to what the problem was or is.

When I try to make direct connection using the iReport uploader it works correctly. Whereas connection in the Jasper Report if I make does not work although I have checked the drivers etc all are in working condition.

Regards

I've got  the same problem and haven't been able to make the jdbc connection between jasper server and the sql db work yet..

Have attached the log at  jasperreports-server-cp-4.5.0/apache-tomcat/logs/catalina.out

What's puzzling is I've checked the port at which tomcat's supposed to run and there's no other process using it.

But still it stops after a very short time..Can't make sense..

Post Edited by bookworm at 03/26/2012 05:38

bookworm .. what is the operating system you are using... and does can you also check pinging the tomcat server as it stops working after sometime or shuts down itself and does the problem resolve after you restart the server?

/jasperreports-server-cp-4.5.0/apache-tomcat/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.10.jar

... this jar should do the trick. Secondly have you tried stoping and starting jasper server using the ctlscript in case of linux. I am not sure of what is on windows.