We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Checking for existence of Image in the Repository

feaganss

Hi,

I'm using iReport 4.1.1 and have a report that pulls the customer's logo dynamically from the Images folder in the repository based on a Parameter value.  It's very simple, and works just fine:  "repo:/Images/" + $P{CustomerID} + ".jpg".  

However, some customers don't have logos yet, and for those I want to display a default logo "repo:/Images/CCMCLogo" (this also loads successfully if I set the image source to it).  

What I'd like to do is check for the existence of "repo:/Images/" + $P{CustomerID} + ".jpg" in the Repository;  if it exists then use it, else use "repo:/Images/CCMCLogo".  However, I'm not sure what syntax to use to check for the existence of a resource - checking for it as a file always returns false.  

Here's the syntax I've tried:  (new File("repo:/Images/" + $P{CustomerID} + ".jpg")).exists() ? "repo:/Images/" + $P{CustomerID} +".jpg" :  "repo:/Images/CCMCLogo", and I've also tried it with isFile() instead of exists(), but it always returns false.

Does anyone know how I can check for the existence of an image in the repository?

Thank you!

Shawn

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the reply.  I'm also able to check for the existence of a file in the file system, but what I'm having trouble with is checking for the existence of a resource in the repository - e.g. repo:/Images/CCMCLogo

• 1 month later...

Greeting

I have been banging my head on the wall for hours now, did you finally find a solution to this?

I'll keep trying on my side and will inform you if/when i do.

I reports has the "On error type" option, but it seems not to work on jasper4.5.1 when the image does not exists it throws an error irrespective of your choice on the attribute.

So i'm trying to work with the "print when expression" attribute

Cheers and goodluck

LsG

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

bump....

Anyone?

Running into the exact same Problem.All worked well when we build the reports using jasperreports library and local filesystem resources, but it doesnt work no more in jasperservers repository.The On Error Type Blank setting doesnt work either. It just presents an ugly exception message to the user instead of just outputing the report without the image.

So how do i check if it exists in my report?

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...