Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

iReport unresponse on selecting elements?

ketilh

Hello.

We've just started using iReport, and all three of us are experiencing the same problem. It is unreasonably slow on selecting a report element. The time for the properties to fill can be 5-10 seconds. Other cases seem to respond in a more timely fashion, but dragging items from the palette is sometimes also very slow.

The same computers run eclipse quite a bit faster. They are win7 64 bit boxes accessed by remote desktop to proxmox virtualizations.

I've tried earlyer versions of iReport running virtualbox locally and have not encountered these problems.

Anyone know what's going on, or have any sort of explanation?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has something to do with how the newer version of iReport based on the NetBeans platform behaves. It seems to get slower and slower as you continue to use it until it gets to the point where it is unusable. Some have suggested increasing the memory available to the application but I tried that and it did not make a difference.

What I end up doing was uninstalling and reinstalling iReport. It zipped right along after. Not the best solution. Hopefully JasperSoft will address this issue.

• 8 months later...

I've been suffering the slowness of iReport for several months working with a huge report.

I've tried everything, even using JasperSoft Studio (which went a bit faster), but could never use the designer with a speed as when you're using Word.

Today I've discovered JasperWave (www.jasperwave.com) which goes really fast! So I recommend you to try JasperWave.