We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Vertical positioning of textfields in pageheader

osterholt

Hello all,

I want to place two textfields in the page header band: the first one is always shown and may consist of one or several lines of text. The second one should be placed directly below the first. But this one only appears under special conditions (Print When Expression). Its position type is set to "float", so when the first one is growing, the second one shifts down.

The problem is: I have to put the second field below the first one, otherwise "float" will not work. But then the page header must be two lines high (see 1st image), otherwise I get an exception when compiling "(Warning: Element bottom reaches outside band area..."; 4th image). This leads to an empty space when the first one contains only one line of text and the second one is not shown (because of condition=false; 2nd image),

How can I avoid this empty space?

Coming from Crystal Reports, I thought I could create a second page header and put the second textfield there (and conditionally suppress the second page header). But in Jasper Report this is only possible for detail bands. How can I achieve this in the page header?

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind Regrads

Michael

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...