We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to drill down to a report through Flash Chart Pro?

joftingson

Hi,

I have two Flash Chart Report The first one is a bar graph that displays the total sales for each country and the second one is a bar graph that shows the sales by cities.

What I wanted to achieve is to make each bars on the first bar graph as a hyperlink so that it will show the second report and display the total sales of each cities for a specific city.

How can I do this in iReport?

Thanks,

Joefer

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi joftingson,

to do the drill from iReport you have to right-click on the first graph and select "Edit Chart Properties"->Tab "Chart Data"->Tab "Dataset Items". Select your set of data and click on "Modify".

You should see a Tab called "Item Hyperlink" and the following options:

- Hyperlink Target: select "Blank" or "Self", depending if you want the second graph to appear in the same window as the first or in a new one;

- Hyperlink Type: "Report Execution"

- Tab Parameter link: you should add a parameter called "_repo", that'll contain the path on the repository where you have uploaded the second report (for example "repo:/public/my_report" - remember not to use any extension in the report name!), and the parameter of the city selected (the name of this parameter must be the same as the corresponding parameter defined in the second report)

Upload both report on JasperServer, and define an input control for the second report (with the same name as the corresponding parameter city). That should do it!

Best regards,

Simona