We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Domain Ranges only work on some charts

blabla_1983

Hi,

I have recently stumbled upon a very confusing problem. In one report, I have many timeseries (line) charts where I have set the Domain Axis Min/Max Value Expression to a minimum and maximum date, respectively. The min/max date fields are obtain through my query [minDate and maxDate]. For two of my reports, this works flawlessly. The domain is restricted exactly how I want it.

However, I have 6 other reports that do not do this. These other six reports have the same exact layout. The charts are exactly the same too (in terms of the properties they have). The only thing that differs is the SQL query. Each successive query has more pieces to it.

When I go to run the report for any of these six reports, I notice that only the max domain value expression is set. The min value expression for the domain does not set. If I flip the fields (ie: the domain axis min value expression has the value maxDate and domain axis max value expression has the minDate), then it works the opposite way. The domain axis min value expression is set properly but the domain axis maximum value expression is not. 

This doesn't make any sense to me as the reports nearly identical. I've printed the values of minDate and maxDate and they are indeed the correct values. Is this a bug or am I doing somthing wrong? 

Quick recap: The domain min and max limits for my charts work on 2 reports, but not the other 6. They only differ by the SQL query. 

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic