We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JRDesignExpression setValueClass deprecated

nockdg

Hi,

I've just updated our JasperReports library from 2.0.4 to 4.1.1 and so far it has mostly gone ok.

I now see a lot of deprecation warnings related to JRDesignExpression.setValueClass. Is this no longer necessary or is there something else that we should be calling?

Thanks

Dave

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

A small explanation on that in the Javadoc of the actual method would be great. Saves us having to Google it.

If you look at the current Javadoc for this method, it just says "Deprecated. To be removed.". No explanation on what the method does / did or why it is deprecated and what (if anything) to call in it's stead...

Post Edited by stijndewitt at 06/04/2012 10:17

• 6 months later...

Seems like this answer is in fact wrong. I removed all calls to this method, but after I did that I got some errors on JUnits and robot tests that I did not understand. Stuff wasn't working correct anymore. When I reverted my changes, all was well again. So I'm not sure what side effects the method is causing, but it is doing *something*.

This kind of stuff makes me itchy. The method is deprecated, but there is no explanation why, no hints on what to replace it with etc. It makes my life as a developer using Jasper harder and I don't see what benefit I am getting in return.