We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Issues with Excel Output - multicolumn output per cell value for some of the detail elements

ddausch

I am using iReport 3.7.6 and JasperServer CP 4.0. My typical development process is to develop and test the report in iReport and then upload the report to Jasper Server with the final goal of having the report produced on a scheduled basis. I am having difficulties understanding how JasperServer formats an Excel spreadsheet with the report data. Given a row of data (total # of rows is about 22000) some cells of data will populate 2 or more columns across a row and other cells will populate just a single column. It is consistent across rows so that is a good thing. Ideally I would like to have one column per cell since that makes any sorting easier. For example, the Last Name is taking up 2 columns while the full Primary Manager name is just taking up one column even though it is longer. What level of control do I have over this? I have removed horizontal spacing between the entities on the detail row in iReport. There does not seem to be any difference between the report elements in the XML - all fields are a String type. Any thoughts or suggestions?

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic