Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

reference to a resource bundle

rida_10

can a query  input control parameter make reference to resource bundle using the notation $R{certain_property}

like we can in ireport.  I need these because,  i need to define as a resource bundle a property named countryId whose value is constant  bec i don't want to use cascading parameters here, bec if i want to install the jasperserver in italy i want to see always the combo list of  italian cities, and by that i get rid of extra un necessary parameter (the country) bec. its known always for that user in italy that all his data are for italian cities

so i imagine that the parameter goes like this: select cityID, cityName from city_table where city_table.countryID = $R{COUNTRY_ID} where COUNTRY_ID is defined in a properties file.

Post Edited by rida_10 at 05/31/2011 06:28

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JasperReports Server 4.1 has a new feature for adapting reports to global audiences by localizing input controls. The server now supports multi-lingual prompts and static lists of values in input controls. The Italian cities would be a static list of values in an input control. The $R expression in the design of the input control would trigger linguistic changes in the report output for different locales, listing the cities in Italy as report parameters when the user logged into the server using the Italian locale option. Each $R expression refers to a name-value pair in a resource bundle. See the attached PDF for an example that uses departments instead of cities.

Thanks Khahn,

very nice feature in jasper server, in the attached example do we have 2 resource bundle files each for different locale, that is one properties file for english locale and other for french OR all key-value properties for ALL locales are defined in one resource bundle(properties file)?????

Post Edited by rida_10 at 06/06/2011 06:44

Post Edited by rida_10 at 06/06/2011 06:48

You need a resource bundle for each language. Name the default English one <basename>.properties. Name the other resource bundles using the i18n abbreviation (shown on the JasperServer login page Locale dropdown) as follows:

<basename>_it.properties for Italian

• 2 years later...