Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

jasper Server - bundled version mysql crashes

monicash

I am using linux red hat 5.5 and jasper server bundled version 4.0 .I am trying to connect Mysql database whose version is 5.51 to generate reports After two or three  days   of working server crashes and my login page does not comes it comes as a blank page .When i try to restart jasper server with the help of  jasperserver script ,My sql server doesnt get started it gives me error

Starting MySQL.Manager of pid-file quit without updating fi[FAILED]
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /home/monica/jasperreports-server-cp-4.0.0/apache-tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /home/monica/jasperreports-server-cp-4.0.0/apache-tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /home/monica/jasperreports-server-cp-4.0.0/apache-tomcat/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /home/monica/jasperreports-server-cp-4.0.0/java
Using CLASSPATH:       /home/monica/jasperreports-server-cp-4.0.0/apache-tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar
PID file (/home/monica/jasperreports-server-cp-4.0.0/apache-tomcat/temp/catalina.pid) found. Is Tomcat still running? Start aborted.
/home/monica/jasperreports-server-cp-4.0.0/apache-tomcat/scripts/ctl.sh : tomcat could not be started

then I also tried to start mysql and tomcat manually.I am able to start tomcat manually but not able to start Mysql it gives me error

Starting MySQL.Manager of pid-file quit without updating fi[FAILED]

All the settings of jasper server are default

Post Edited by monicash at 05/16/2011 06:36

Post Edited by monicash at 05/16/2011 06:38

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This doesn't look like somethign specific to analysis. It sounds like there is something wrng with you MySQL instance but it's ahrd to tell without further details.

You should try posting this to the JasperServer forum and see if anyone can give you a hand there. If you;ve already posted there, apologies.

Thanks,

Kristen