We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperPrint help - web services example does not seem to be valid code.

kburns
Go to solution Solved by kburns,

In the web services sample webapp, I found the following commented out code (in executeReport.jsp)

/*  --------        The commented code below shows how to get from the webserive        a JasperPrint instead of a final file format (like PDF) and use        directly the JasperReports library to create the output        with the maximum control over the exporter.        ----------------------------------------------------------        JasperPrint print = client.runReport(currentUri, hashMap);        net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRExporter exporter = null;        if (request.getParameter("format") == null || request.getParameter("format").equals("html")) {            response.setContentType("text/html");            response.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8");            exporter = new net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JRHtmlExporter();            JRHyperlinkProducerMapFactory producerFactory = new JRHyperlinkProducerMapFactory();            producerFactory.addProducer("ReportExecution", new ReportExecutionHyperlinkProducer());            exporter.setParameter(JRExporterParameter.HYPERLINK_PRODUCER_FACTORY, producerFactory);            request.getSession().setAttribute(net.sf.jasperreports.j2ee.servlets.ImageServlet.DEFAULT_JASPER_PRINT_SESSION_ATTRIBUTE, print);            exporter.setParameter(JRHtmlExporterParameter.IMAGES_URI, "image?image=");        } else if (request.getParameter("format").equals("pdf")) {            response.setContentType("application/pdf");            exporter = new net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JRPdfExporter();        } else if (request.getParameter("format").equals("xls")) {            response.setContentType("application/msexcel");            response.setHeader("Content-Disposition", " inline; filename=report.xls");            exporter = new net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JExcelApiExporter();        }        os = response.getOutputStream();        exporter.setParameter(JRExporterParameter.OUTPUT_STREAM, os);        exporter.setParameter(JRExporterParameter.JASPER_PRINT, print);        exporter.exportReport();        */

I am implementing this, but getting the following exception error:

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet default threw exception java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRStyledTextParser	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRAbstractExporter.setJasperPrint(JRAbstractExporter.java:800)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRAbstractExporter.setInput(JRAbstractExporter.java:867)

What I am missing? JRStyledTextParser has been included and the jar exists in my class path (jasperreports-4.0.0.jar)

Post Edited by kburns at 05/06/2011 18:27

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes, and as a follow up... 

My goal  is to implement pagination within my web services. For example, run a report and get the 1st page, then the 2nd, etc. Seems likesimple stuff that has already been handled by many people here.

I am using 4.0. I have already looked at pages 24-25 in the web services documentation, but they were no help. My concern is that something changed in 4.0 that was not documented in the pdf or changed in the sample webapp. Any *working* code snippets would be extremely useful. 

Thanks for your help!

This may actually have less to do with...

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRStyledTextParser

than it does with...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Any ideas on what is missing? The jar that defines JRStyledTextParser is in my classpath. Has anyone else run across this problem?

Post Edited by kburns at 05/10/2011 16:41

• 4 weeks later...