Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Excel Number / Date fields

mtvgn

Hi,

when searching for how to get the numbers in my Excel export as numbers instead of general fields in the xls-document I found this: http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=83&forumid=101&topicid=54927

At this moment I've set the

exporter.setParameter(JRXlsExporterParameter.IS_DETECT_CELL_TYPE, Boolean.TRUE);

in the java code (and yes, when I put a breakpoint there I know the code is being executed when creating a report) and I've put the following line among the other property lines in the jrxml file and after that I reopened the report in iReport and compiled it and waited for RAD to pick up the new version and publish it.:

<property name="net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.detect.cell.type" value="true" />

And still I'm getting everything as general fields in the excel field, no matter if their type is String, Long, BigDecimal or Date ... why??

I'm using iReport 3.0.0., maybe thath helps. I just don't get that when there are two ways of letting the excel format be "as detected" and I've implemented both, it still is "do it yourself!"

I hope anyone here has a solution for this as it feels like I'm out of options.

mtvgn

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days