Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

TRUNC function on DATES with ORACLE: Different behavior IREPORT - JASPESERVER

cyberdemos

Hi all,

i have a great problem with Jasperserver 3.7.1.

I've a different behavior between Ireport 3.7.6 and jasperserver 3.7.1 using TRUNC Oracle function on dates to obtain the first day of the week (Monday).

Running the report on Ireport is always correct instead Jasperserver often refers to Sunday instead Monday.

Have i to copy a particular jar file from Ireport to jasperserver to solve this problem?

Thank you very much my friends! 

Regards,
Cyb.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK MATT,
i have found what you mean about datasource timezone but i've always created my data sources thru Ireport where that field is not present. So, my data sources has default time zone (as database).

Is it correct?

I can't find what is different between ireport and jasperserver.... mumble.... mumble...

Thank you very much for your help!
Regards,
Cyb.

In nearly all cases it's correct to not set the timezone. So it sounds like you've done the correct thing. 

But that doesn't help you much if it's still giving the wrong results. I guess you could try setting the timezone in the JDBC data source. Or you could define a JNDI data source managed by Tomcat. There's no reason I can think of that this would be different... try a few different paths like that can sometimes shed light on things.

-Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much Matt for your help. I followed your advices but at the end i had to create a table in Oracle with all starting week day from 2005 on because of a difference in TRUNC calculation... i don't know the why...

Regards,

Cyb.